Skip to main content

That thin rope of hope !

The below poem is in light of the corona virus pandemic spread throughout the world and how our country is trying extremely hard to fight the situation. There are a handful of unwanted people who do not realize the extent of danger or suffer from impaired decision making and might play a pivotal role in bringing doom to this nation. Through this poem I am attempting to draw parallels between today and our Indian war of independence, urging our fellow countrymen to stand up together as we all dangle on that thin rope of hope.





These murky and treacherous times, has stretched the string of hope too thin,
There is fear and gloom outside, will I find peace within ?
As I grope for answers in history and try to think this through,
Our country's war for freedom might be analogous in my view
We are fighting a microbe today, back then we fought the crown,
Both such resilient evils, our plight never caused them a frown
The freedom fighters from those times, are today's doctors and nurses,
Bending themselves backwards, and protecting us from the curses
We had traitors back then who betrayed for short term gains,
We have dimwits existing today who proved they have no brains
Their ignorance and belligerence is squandering our sweat, blood and tears,
I cannot muster, forgiveness for them or courage to allay my fears
back then, They met death in the eye, lay down life for the love of land,
I wonder if we have those spines today, can even together we stand?
My fellow countrymen, can we keep humanity above our needs and help each other cope ?
We are all hanging into this abyss, and dangling from that thin string of hope.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As we Part...!

This is all the courage I could gather to put down the avalanche of memories and thoughts rushing to my mind at the rate of 1Gigabytes per second..This is to the place which made or unmade me...K Forever! Living in the fear of having to go separate ways brings pain All my efforts to hold back and let go have gone in vain Every passing moment brings conflict and choices One last time is all I can hear among all the voices! Lost in the sea of where to be and what to be Everything shall pass and yet I want to hold on to thee! I shall never return and this is where we part But to thee I promise, we carry a piece of each other’s heart!

Ode to Chennai

Dear Chennai, As we part ways I wish to tell you that you are special to me. I know people from my part of the world won't understand, but its between you and me and the bond we share...  All I want to say to you is... As I landed here a year back, you opened your heart to me, You never demanded allegiance, you earned it from me With your soothing sea breeze and mesmerizing sunrise, I cocooned into your warmth, each day grew wise You were relentless at times, with blazing sun in the sky, But you were teaching me patience, so I now know why You got back on your feet, when nature struck you hard, With magnanimity and strength, you rejoined each shard I deserved all on my plate, you only served me sweet, Your Rajini craze and Murugan Idly, no city in the world can beat Not a single day that I spent with you, do I regret I always am, and will always be glad that we met.

Becoming a demanding reader !

I started reading as a casual reader, more so driven by the perception of reading rather than actually being driven by the need to read. I started with fiction, gradually drifted to non-fiction but never really had a sense of direction about what to read and hence largely dependent on reviews from co-readers to arrive at my next book. However I have lately started thinking about reading for understanding the world better, for creating my mental models of decision making, to enable choices and to understand concepts I think are far more complex than I can process. And in the process, make effort to remember what I read and also hone my abysmal writing skills.  Hence this is an introductory post of my first book review, to summarize my learning and understanding of the last book I read - Made in America by Sam Walton. Deriving inspiration from an article I read on Farnam Street , I will structure my reviews around the following questions and continue improvising as I go along. This